How do you view mentorship? In your experience, Is it a box to check off or is it an inspiring and impactful practice? This week’s guest, Dr. Matthew Joseph, shares how he changed the role and perception of mentorship to invigorate aspiring leaders and enhanced the skills of sitting leaders.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- The Role of a Mentor
- Finding the Correct Mentor
- Aspiring Leadership Programs
- And The Connected and Collaborative School
Follow Dr. Matthew Joseph:
- Website: https://mxjspeaker.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MatthewXJoseph
- Instagram: Matthew_X_Joseph
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/drmatthewxjoseph
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drmxj
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/mxjyoutube
About Dr. Matthew Joseph:
Dr. Matthew X. Joseph is currently the Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment in Leicester Public Schools. He has been a school and district leader in many capacities in public education over his 25 years in the field. Experiences such as the Director of Digital Learning and Innovation, elementary school principal, classroom teacher, and district professional development specialist. These experiences have provided Matt incredible insights on how to best support teaching and learning and led to nationally published articles and opportunities to speak at multiple state and national events. His master’s degree is in special education and his Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Boston College. He is the author of Power of Us: Creating Collaborative Schools and co-author of Modern Mentoring, Reimagining Mentorship in Education. Follow him on Twitter @matthewxjoseph and visit his blog: techinnovation.live
The #1 Leadership Online community is generous and authentic, an antidote to the clutter and noise that other social media sites have become.
What makes this community different is that it is:
- An investment, not free
- A private community with the same goal
- A conversation, not a variety of self-promoting presentations
- Evergreen, not ephemeral
- Focused on serving school leaders, not advertisers, companies, or investors
I highly recommend using Go! Community to enhance your leadership skills!
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on social media and in our comments section. Please use the #AspireLead hashtag as you continue the conversation on social media.
If you’ve gotten any value from this show at all, please subscribe and leave a rating and review wherever you’re listening. The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help us reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review.