Does our educational system represent the world we live in? This week’s guest, Tiffany Ott, explains how she has transformed her classroom to prepare her students using mastery Learning, self paced curriculum, and standards based grading. I’m excited to have the last member of the teach better team on as we dive into some fun educational topics.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- Mastery Learning and Standards Based Grading
- Inquiry and self paced classroom
- Relationship Building
- Public vs Private school systems
- And #TeachBetter19
Follow Tiffany Ott:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TechieTeachOtt
Follow The Teach Better Team:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/teachbetterteam
- Website: https://www.teachbetter.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teachbetterteam
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/teachbetterteam
- The Teach Better Podcast: https://www.teachbetter.com/podcast/
Better Leaders Better Schools
This community is one of my favorite one-stop-shop tools to engage with other amazing school leaders. I use this online resource to gain insight, gather resources, and develop my leadership capacity.
The #1 Leadership Online community is generous and authentic, an antidote to the clutter and noise that other social media sites have become.
What makes this community different is that it is:
- An investment, not free
- A private community with the same goal
- A conversation, not a variety of self-promoting presentations
- Evergreen, not ephemeral
- Focused on serving school leaders, not advertisers, companies, or investors
I highly recommend using Go! Community to enhance your leadership skills!
Todd Nesloney, Celebrate Your Story
I want to invite you to an event that was just announced by Todd Nesloney, called “Celebrate Your Story”. This two day event will be January 24th and 25th, in Brenham TX. I will be speaking at the event with some of my Texas friends and it is going to be an incredible experience! This event is truly to provide enriching professional development for those who are looking to grow in their craft. If you want more details, CLICK HERE!
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on social media and in our comments section. Please use the #AspireLead hashtag as you continue the conversation on social media.
If you’ve gotten any value from this show at all, please subscribe and leave a rating and review wherever you’re listening. The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help us reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review.