Have you ever been frustrated with the lack of time you have to focus on leadership? My guest today, has used his 20 years of administrative experience to create a wonderful resource for leaders. I’m excited to once again have my good friend, Evan Robb, the author of The Ten Minute Principal”, on the Aspire Podcast!
In this Episode, we discuss:
- Ten Minute Strategies
- The Six Pillars of Leadership
- Creating a Vision
- Finding our Own Path for Growth
- Changing the Culture of Learning
- And Upcoming Projects
About Evan Robb:
Evan Robb is presently Principal of Johnson-Williams Middle School in Berryville, Virginia. He has over twenty years of experience serving as a building level principal. Prior to being a school principal, he was an English teacher, department chair, and Assistant Principal. Evan is a recipient of the Horace Mann Educator of the Year Award. In addition, the NCTE Commission on Reading selected him to serve on its national board.
A TEDx Speaker, Evan offers inspirational keynotes, workshops, and on-going professional learning opportunities across the country on leadership, mindset, culture, impactful change and how to improve literacy in schools. Evan has shared his ideas with thousands of educators at dozens of workshops across the country.
His first book titled, The Principal’s Leadership Sourcebook: Practices, Tools, and Strategies for Building a Thriving School Community was published by Scholastic in the fall of 2007. His next book, The Ten- Minute Principal was published by Corwin in May 2019. Evan and Laura Robb collaborated with Dave Burgess Publishing to write, Team Makers, which was published in August of 2019. In addition, Evan is partnering with Laura Robb to write, A School Full of Readers, with Benchmark Education, Fall 2019.
Follow Evan Robb:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ERobbPrincipal
- Website: https://evan-robb.com/
- TEDX: https://youtu.be/oS4WMsdLIM4
- Blog: https://therobbreviewblog.com/
- The Robb Review Podcast: https://therobbreviewpodcast.podbean.com/
Prior Evan Robb Aspire Episode:
Resources Discussed in the Podcast: The Ten Minute Principal
This community is one of my favorite one-stop-shop tools to engage with other amazing school leaders. I use this online resource to gain insight, gather resources, and develop my leadership capacity.
The #1 Leadership Online community is generous and authentic, an antidote to the clutter and noise that other social media sites have become.
What makes this community different is that it is:
- An investment, not free
- A private community with the same goal
- A conversation, not a variety of self-promoting presentations
- Evergreen, not ephemeral
- Focused on serving school leaders, not advertisers, companies, or investors
I highly recommend using Go! Community to enhance your leadership skills!
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Let’s Work Together
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on social media and in our comments section. Please use the #AspireLead hashtag as you continue the conversation on social media.
If you’ve gotten any value from this show at all, please subscribe and leave a rating and review wherever you’re listening. The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help us reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review.