86. Lights. Camera. Lead: Featuring Kevin Butler
How do we get our students to be actively engaged and teach in a way that inspires both children and adults? This week’s guest, Kevin Butler, shares the secret on how to balance between being a teacher and an instructional leader.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- The importance of active engagement
- Teaching with entertainment
- Leadership with peers
- The Teach Better Network
- And Lights. Camera. Teach.
Follow Kevin Butler:
- Website: www.thekevinjbutler.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheKevinJButler
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thekevinjbutler/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheKevinJButler
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVPT51qVhwUM4uIXfqtkq8A?view_as=subscriber
- Teach Better Speakers Network: https://www.teachbetter.com/speakersnetwork-kevinbutler/
About Kevin Butler:
Kevin has taught elementary school for 17 years. He holds a BA in Child Study, an MA in Education, and holds an additional 90 graduate credits in the areas of math, literacy, and social studies. Kevin began his teaching career at the age of 22 in New York at a high-performing public school on Long Island. Six years ago, he relocated to California to consult and teach at a startup charter school. Currently, Kevin teaches fifth grade and is the Director of Curriculum and Instruction at an Independent School in Los Angeles. His instruction focuses on creating authentic learning experiences while engaging his students in active learning. In addition to teaching, Kevin enjoys speaking at educational conferences and presenting his Creating the Experience workshop. He also blogs and hosts a podcast titled Lights, Cameras, TEACH.
This community is one of my favorite one-stop-shop tools to engage with other amazing school leaders. I use this online resource to gain insight, gather resources, and develop my leadership capacity.
The #1 Leadership Online community is generous and authentic, an antidote to the clutter and noise that other social media sites have become.
What makes this community different is that it is:
- An investment, not free
- A private community with the same goal
- A conversation, not a variety of self-promoting presentations
- Evergreen, not ephemeral
- Focused on serving school leaders, not advertisers, companies, or investors
I highly recommend using Go! Community to enhance your leadership skills!
Click Here to Try Go! Community
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on social media and in our comments section. Please use the #AspireLead hashtag as you continue the conversation on social media.
If you’ve gotten any value from this show at all, please subscribe and leave a rating and review wherever you’re listening. The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help us reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review.
Leave a Comment