In a recent study, 3000 employers were asked, what is the #1 skill they were seeking in their future employees? I know for myself, my mind went straight to hard work, content knowledge, and honesty, which are all important characteristics and skills. However, as Trevor Muir shares, the number one desired skill is collaboration. How are we as educators creating dynamic and effective opportunities for our students to work together?
In this Episode, we discuss:
- Making Learning Authentic
- Soft Skills are Essential Skills
- Connecting Lessons to Real World Issues
- And the Collaborative Classroom
About Trevor Muir:
Trevor is a teacher, author, and international speaker. He is the author of the books The Epic Classroom and The Collaborative Classroom. Trevor is a professor at Grand Valley State University, a former faculty member for the Buck Institute for Education, and is one of the Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation speakers. His work has been featured in the Huffington Post, The Atlantic, Edutopia, EdWeek, and WeAreTeachers. He gave a TEDx Talk titled, “School Should Take Place in the Real World,” at TEDxSanAntonio. Trevor’s Facebook page, The Epic Classroom, has inspiring videos that have been viewed over 29 million times. At the heart of Trevor’s work is the conviction that every student has the potential for greatness, and every teacher can be equipped to unlock that potential.
Follow Trevor Muir:
- Website: www.trevormuir.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TrevorMuir
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theepicclassroom/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/epicclassroom
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/trevor-muir-645b89158/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDMMxvD8UlmTI44WKqbn1fg
New Course, “Thriving Virtual Teacher”: https://trevormuir.teachable.com/p/thriving-virtual-teacher
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help me reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.