When you think of Social Emotional Learning (SEL), do you think about the procedures, curriculum, and skills needed for students? What about the adults in the building? How are they supported through your Social Emotional Learning structure? Today’s guest, Tre Gammage, shares how the majority of schools don’t have programs for the adults in schools and strategies to help with mental health for all ages.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Being Proactive vs Reactive
- SEL strategies for Adults
- Creating a Support System for Development
- And The Dash Podcast
About Tre Gammage:
Dean of Students and SEL Consultant, Tre’ Gammage has always had a passion for helping others. With a vast background in speaking, podcasting, and consulting, Tre’ was once told “when you see someone living their dream, it makes you want to be a part of that dream or start to live your own” and he’s been living by that motto ever since.
Tre’ became an International speaking champion in 2016 after finishing in the semi final round of Toastmasters World Championship of Public Speaking. In 2017, Tre’ started The Gammage Consulting Group, a family owned education consulting firm helping
K-12 school communities implement school-wide social-emotional learning programs and practices through teacher professional development. The mission of GCG is to deliver social emotional learning solutions to school communities through asset based personal and professional development. He believes that SEL is to education as the alphabet is to reading, you can’t have one without the other.
Tre’ has a true heart of youth and this generation, he has made it his purpose to see educators and students grow, lead, and experience as he guides you through your journey of making it easier to do what you love.
Follow Tre Gammage:
- Website: www.seleducators.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tregammage
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tregammage/?hl=en
- Facebook: @tregammage
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tre-gammage-gcdf-54ab1765/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJQ2T7EsDMa7Ih4-HqAe6g
- The Dash Podcast: https://www.teachbetter.com/podcasts/thedash/
NEW Aspire Swag with Discount Code: ASPIRE
Tee-Shirts and Drinkware: ASPIRE: The Leadership Development Podcast
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help me reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.