How would you describe your school culture on your campus? My guest, Michael Earnshaw, believes it should resemble a punk rock band and he explains how he changed the culture of his school through a portable desk and some popsicle sticks.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- Punk Rock Classroom Podcast
- Education Never Dies
- School culture and climate
- And Michael’s new book!
Follow Michael Earnshaw:
- Website: https://principal-on-a-skateboard.blogspot.com and https://www.educationneverdies.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EduChefEarnshaw
About Michael Earnshaw:
Michael Earnshaw is an elementary school principal. When he is not leading his campus and inspiring students and staff you can find him writing, reading, speaking at conferences about school culture and climate, and co-hosting the Punk Rock Classrooms Podcast. He is also a founding member of #EducationNeverDies which hosts a weekly chat every Wednesday at 8:30 CST. Michael is a father of two, husband to an amazing wife, runner, skateboarder, and still a punk rocker at heart.
This community is one of my favorite one-stop-shop tools to engage with other amazing school leaders. I use this online resource to gain insight, gather resources, and develop my leadership capacity.
The #1 Leadership Online community is generous and authentic, an antidote to the clutter and noise that other social media sites have become.
What makes this community different is that it is:
- An investment, not free
- A private community with the same goal
- A conversation, not a variety of self-promoting presentations
- Evergreen, not ephemeral
- Focused on serving school leaders, not advertisers, companies, or investors
I highly recommend using Go! Community to enhance your leadership skills!
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, and Innovative campus systems.
Follow the Host, Joshua Stamper:
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of recording a podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on social media and in our comments section. Please use the #AspireLead hashtag as you continue the conversation on social media.
If you’ve gotten any value from this show at all, please subscribe and leave a rating and review wherever you’re listening. The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help us reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review.