As a leader, have you ever found yourself feeling attacked when a colleague is providing critical feedback? This month’s aspiring leader, Alana Gilliam, shares how she struggles to feel comfortable and confident in crucial conversations.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- A challenge Alana shares in her leadership experience
- Importance of emotional intelligence for leaders and complexity in giving and receiving feedback
- Resources for engaging in important and effective conversations
About Alana Gilliam:
She is a 6th grade math teacher and team leader in Bentonville Arkansas. She just started her 11th year teaching, and is currently working on her specialist degree in educational leadership. Alana has a passion for supporting both students and teachers in meeting the diverse needs of students.
Follow Alana Gilliam:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrsAGilliam
- Blog: inspiringinjuniorhigh.blogspot.com
- Instagram: @InspiringintheMiddle
Resources from the Episode
- Crucial Conversations
- Radical Candor Blog: https://www.radicalcandor.com/
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
Interested in being a guest on Aspire to Rise? We would love to hear from you here.
Follow the Hosts,
- Website: www.sarahsajohnson.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SarahSajohnson
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahsajohnson/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahsajohnson/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarahsajohnson
- In AWE Podcast: www.inawetorise.com
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/in-awe-podcast/id1446046418
- Join Sarah’s FREE Five Day Going Beyond Balance Challenge: https://bit.ly/BeyondBalanceChallenge
- Contact: https://joshstamper.com/contact/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Joshua__Stamper
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joshua__stamper
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/joshua-stamper
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AspirePodcast
- Subscribe: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/aspire-the-leadership-development-podcast/id1384210762?mt=2
This post contains affiliate links.
When you make a purchase through these links, The Aspire Podcast gets a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.
Need a Presenter for a conference or school PD?
Contact Joshua Stamper for presentations on Restorative Practices, Leadership Development, Social Emotional Learning Virtually and many more!
Contact Sarah Johnson for presentations on Going Beyond Balance, Leadership Foundations, Affirming Purpose, and many more.
Review the Podcast
The ranking of this show is 100% tied to subscriptions and reviews. You can help me reach more school leaders by subscribing to the show and leaving an honest rating and review on your favorite podcast platform.